The air duct is an important component of your AC. If it doesn’t work properly, it affects the performance of your device. Therefore, regular AC duct cleaning in Sharjah is vital for your unit. There are a variety of signs that your ductwork may need to be cleaned. These signs include a dirty appearance, insect or rodent infestation, and growth of mold or mildew. You should also consider the cost of cleaning.
Symptoms of a dirty ductwork:
Dirty air ducts can cause a variety of symptoms. They can make people ill by circulating bacteria, viruses, and allergens, which may worsen respiratory symptoms and increase the risk of eczema. In addition, polluted air can cause children and the elderly to develop colds. And dirty air ducts can be a breeding ground for rodents and insects. These pests can carry diseases and degrade your home’s structure.
Symptoms of a rodent or insect infestation:
One of the first signs of an infestation is the presence of foul odors. This may indicate the presence of mice or cockroaches. These pests do not have toilets, but their droppings have an ammonia-like odor. If you notice this odor, your ductwork may be a possible target. Other signs of an infestation include rips and holes in the ductwork. These can be caused by aging air duct materials.
Dead rodents can also leave behind a foul odor. These creatures may have chewed the wrong wire or ingested poison. Either way, this unpleasant smell will be unpleasant and unsanitary. In addition to this, dead mice can also leave behind nest materials and feces.
Signs of mold or mildew growth in your ducts:
If you notice a musty smell in your home, there is a good chance that your air ducts contain mold or mildew. These contaminants can negatively affect your health by causing asthma, bronchitis, or pneumonia. Mold growth in HVAC systems is caused by condensation in the air ducts. These water droplets provide mold with the perfect growing conditions to form colonies and spread throughout your home.
Black mold is especially hazardous, as it can damage your home or business. It typically grows in damp areas and is highly toxic. This type of mold is often found in homes after a flood.